Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS ARUNACHAL PRADESH
The scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India, implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations. It provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe students (belonging to the particular State) at Post Matriculation or Post Secondary stage.
The scheme covers professional, technical as well as non-professional and non-technical courses at various levels including correspondence courses covering distance and continuing education.
- The scholarship is available for studies in India only.
- Scholarships are paid to students whose parent’s/ guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakhs per annum.
- All children of the same parents/ guardian are eligible.
- Scheduled Tribe candidates who have passed the matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a Recognized University or Board of Secondary Education are eligible.
- The scholarships are available for the study of all recognized Post Matriculation or Post Secondary courses in recognized institutions except certain identified training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses, Private Pilot License courses, etc.
- The scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other Scholarship/ Stipend. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend.
- Students who have received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
- The scholarship is not awarded to failure students.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject e.g. I.Sc after I.A or B.Com after B.A or M.A in other subjects will not be eligible.
Guidelines of the Scheme
National Scholarships Portal