Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme
THE UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST STUDENTS - PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (CLASS IX & X) FOR ST STUDENTS ARUNACHAL PRADESH
The scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India, implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations. It is applicable to the ST students studying in Cl- IX & X only. And the scholarship is awarded by the State Govt. to which the Scheduled Tribe student belongs.
The main objective of the scheme is to support the parents of ST children for the education of their wards studying in classes IX and X in order to avoid the following:
- The incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
- To improve participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the Pre Matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the Post-Matric stage of education.
- The scholarship is available for studies in India only.
- Her/his Parents’/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum.
- She/he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- She/ he should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get the scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Guidelines of the scheme
National Scholarships Portal