UNIQUE ID FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
"Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities” project is an initiative of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. It aims at building a holistic end-to-end integrated system for Issuance of Universal ID & Disability Certificates for Person with Disabilities with their identification and disability details.
Website Name is http://swavlambancard.gov.in/
The UDID project is being implemented with a view of creating a National Database for PwDs, and to issue a Unique Disability Identity Card (UDID) to each person with disabilities.
It includes -
- Online availability of data of Person with Disabilities across country through a centralized web application
- Online filing and submission of registration application form for disability certificate/ Universal ID card; Offline applications may also be accepted and subsequently digitized by agencies
- Quick Assessment process for calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals/ Medical Board
- Non-duplication of PwDs data
- Online renewal and update of information by Person with Disabilities/ on their behalf
- MIS reporting framework
- Effective management including interoperability of the benefits / schemes launched by the Government for PwD
- To take care of additional disabilities in future. Number of disabilities at the moment isseven and shall be subject to increase as per the new Act/ notification which can be up to 19 or more.
The UDID card shall bring a host of benefits to the Persons with Disabilities as given below:
- Persons with disabilities will not need to make multiple copies of documents, maintain, and carry multiple documents as the card will capture all the necessary details which can be decoded with the help of a reader
- The UDID card will be the single document of identification, verification of the disabled for availing various benefits in future
- The UDID Card will also help in stream-lining the tracking of the physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of hierarchy of implementation – from village level, block level, District level , State level and National level.
Who can apply?
As per the Persons with Disabilities act 1995 only given disabilities type can apply for UDID Card.
List of Disabilities:
The types of disabilities have been increased from existing 7 to 21 and the Central Government will have the power to add more types of disabilities.
The 21 Types of disabilities are given below:-
- Low Vision
- Leprosoy Cured persons
- Locomotor Disability
- Intellectual Disability
- Mental Illness
- Cerebral Palsy
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Speech and Language disability
- Hearing Impairment ( Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Acid Attack Victim
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sickle Cell disease
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Chronic Neurological conditions
- Multiple Disabilities including Deaf Blindness
How to apply?
For Fresh Cases:
fill online application, attach scanned copy of required documents.
- Person with Disability already having Disability Certificate ( Whose data have been migrated in UDID Portal) : All PwDs who have been issued Disability Certificate visit http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/. To get your details search by Beneficiary ID/State ID or Aadhaar Number (if linked). On receipt of your details, fill up the application and submit.
- Person with Disability already having Disability Certificate (Whose data have not been migrated in UDID Portal): fill up application as fresh and select option “Have Disability Certificate?: Yes” in Disability Details Tab . Fill up other details and submit application.
- Person with Disability not having Disability Certificate: Choose option “Have Disability Certificate? No” in Disability Details Tab while filling up application and submit application.
Four types of details are required:
- Personal Details including Address
- Disability Details
- Employment Details
- Identity Details
To access the application form, click here.
Documents required with online application:
- Scanned copy of recent color photo.
- Scanned image of signature (Optional)
- Scanned copy of Address Proof (Aadhar/Driving License/Election ID/ State Domicile/PRC ) any one documents
- Scanned copy of Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License etc)
- Scanned copy of Disability Certificate (Only for those Persons with Disability who have been issued Disability Certificate by the competent Authority) Annexure-B.
Track status of application
To track the application status . You need to login to access the facility
Download your e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card
To download e-Disability Card and e-UDID Card, You need to login to access the facility.
Disability Certificate & UDID Card Renewal
To renew disability certification and UDID Card, .
Apply for Lost UDID Card
To apply for Lost UDID Card, You need to login to access the facility
UNIQUE ID FOR PERSON WITH DISABILITIES (UDID)
The project is being implemented with a view of creating a National Database for PwDs, and to issue a Unique Disability Identity Card to each person with disabilities.
The objective of the UDID Project:
- To create a National Database for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and issue a Unique Disability ID Card to every Person with Disability
- Encourage transparency, efficiency, and ease of delivering the government benefits to the persons with disability
- Tracking of the physical and financial progress of benefit delivery at all levels of the hierarchy of implementation – from Village level, Block level, District level, State level and National level
- Online availability of data of Persons with Disabilities across country
- Online filing and submission of registration application form for disability certificate/Unique ID Card
- Offline applications may also be accepted
- The quick assessment process for calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals/Medical Board
- Non-duplication of PwDs data
- Online renewal/offline and update of information by Person with Disabilities/ on their behalf
- MIS reporting framework
- Effective management including interoperability of the benefits/schemes launched by the State/Central Government and other agencies for PwD
- To take care of additional disabilities in future. Number of disabilities at the moment is seven and shall include multiple disability certificates as the 8th category and shall be subject to increase as per the new Act/notification which can be up to 19 or more